General Crowdfunding Platforms
- Ignition Deck - Wordpress crowdfunding pluggin. "No fees, no applications, and no middleman."
- IndieGoGo - Flexible OR fixed funding. 4% or 9% (flexible, goal not met) fee.
- Kickstarter - 60 days. Kickstarter fee (5%) + Amazon fee (2-3%)
- CrowdTilt - 10 days. 2.5% (only if campaign 'tilts')
- Invested.in - Social fundraising for individuals, charities and businesses.
- Kapipal - Free, no transaction fee, and allows for personal projects to be crowdfunded. Read the Kapipalist Manifesto
- GoFundMe - Allows for any type of campaign, including personal funding. Funds accrued can be withdrawn immediately, and there are no time caps for campaigns!
Software Crowdfunding & Open Source Crowdfunding Platforms
- Goteo - Open source crowdfunding platform
- FreedomSponsors - Crowdfunding free software! Code@Github
- Catarse - Open source crowdfunding platform, launched in Brazil. Code@Github
- Launcht - "Launcht empowers universities, nonprofits, startup crowdfunding portals and others to create their own custom white label crowdfunding & voting platforms. Launcht also hosts a crowdfunding site for social entrepreneurs."
- Spot.Us - An open source crowdfunding platform focused on journalism; "community-funded reporting." Code@Github
- CoFundOS - "Cofundos helps to realize open-source software ideas, by providing a platform for their discussion & enrichment and by establishing a process for organizing the contributions and interests of different stakeholders in the idea."
Business Oriented (Crowd Equity in US 2014)
- Earlyshares - Platform taking advantage of the 2013 JOBS act, enabling public funding and equity for startups and entrepreneurs.
- Startup Tank
- Startup Addicts
- CrowdCube - "Crowdcube helps startup and growing businesses to raise business finance by letting people invest via our equity crowdfunding platform."
Donation-Based, Socially oriented
- Top 40 Platforms for Crowdfunding Social Change
- StartSomeGood - for social entrepreneurs looking to do good. 7-90 days. SSG fee (5%) + Paypal fee (2.9%).
Research and Science Crowdfunding
- Open Genius - "The idea is simple: we want to make qualitative research projects available to public and facilitate the funding through a global and highly motivated community [Gaggioli, A, Riva, G. (2008) Working the Crowd, [Science 321, 5895, 1443]."
- Innovocracy - "We offer a funding source that connects people who want to support innovation in academic research and those innovators found on campuses around the world."
Real Estate Crowd Funding
"Campaigns with videos will raise 114% more money than those without. Additionally, users who update campaign pages every five days or less raise significantly more money than if they update every 20 days or more. Lastly, if a campaign has four or more people on its team, it will raise 70% more money than a crew of one." -http://mashable.com/2012/07/11/viral-philanthropy/